The primary purpose of commercial property investments is to add value to business by providing space for their various needs. It has to be extremely functional. But what many fail to realize is that function doesn’t have to be boring. Something useful can also be fun and interesting. Don’t believe us? Check out the following tricks to turning that office into something striking, from blah to bam as what we’d like to say.
- Work with a vision in mind. – This sets the pace. It would be particularly difficult to establish style without a clear idea of what you want to happen with the space. So choose a color palette. Pick a theme f you want or go for your company’s hues. Lean towards a particular style be it industrial or minimal or modern.
- Add a pop of color. – While beige and cream seem like safe bets, they’re also outdated and can make the room seem old and boring. A quick fix is by way of paint. Either repaint all or go for an accent wall to create focus in the room. But this does not have to be limited to the office walls either. Color can be used in pretty much everything else from framed prints and art to indoor plants to furniture and the list goes on.
- Play with textures and patterns. – Rugs, tapestry, wall décor, frames, trinkets, furniture fabric, cabinet door hardware, plants and the like can make things far more interesting because they showcase a play on textures and patterns. They add depth to the visuals so the commercial property investments do not look flat and uninteresting.
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match furniture. – Not everything has to be symmetrical and the same. Create a sense of style and cohesion by putting complementary pieces together. The couches need not match nor do the tables unless the task calls for it.
- Color coordinate storage pieces. – Don’t be afraid of color when working with commercial property investments. Professional need not be boxed into the so-called safe and formal hues. One way to make boring storage units and spaces is to color coordinate them. Got a massive filing cabinet? Use a different hue for every drawer. Go monochromatic or opt for complementary shades. Wallpaper can be used here as well. Your call.